Every year, the UWSA offers up to $10,000 in scholarships and bursaries. UWSA scholarships are given out based on academic performance, extracurricular activities or community involvement. All undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
In order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship, you must currently be a full-time undergraduate student at the University of Windsor, taking 4 or more classes. To apply
, please forward your name, include the name of the scholarship you are applying for, your student number, and a one-page, double-spaced description about yourself and why you believe you deserve the scholarship, to firstname.lastname@example.orgThe application deadline has passed. Scholarships will open up again soon!
Below are the scholarships available for application, as well as any specific requirements.
- Women in STEM($500)
- Must be female and must be enrolled in a program specific to science, technology, engineering, or mathematics
- Student Advocate ($500)
- A student who has shown great initiative in advocating for student rights on campus and in the community
- Accessibility ($1,500)
- A student who faces an accessibility barrier and is underrepresented through lack of accessibility options.
- Financial Hardship ($1,500)
- A student who has recently suffered a financial setback causing them to take back on classes
- Student Leadership ($1,000)
- A student who has shown excellent capabilities as a leader through involvement on campus
- Entrepreneur ($500)
- A student who operates their own business while also pursuing an education
- Club Innovator/Creator ($500)
- A student who has recently created or turned around a club/group on campus and helped it thrive
- Academic and Involvement Leadership ($1,000)
- A student who both excels at leadership and involvement, and has shown an excellent academic standing
- Must have at least a 78.5% cumulative average
- Artistic ($1,000)
- A student who has shown great appreciation and dedication to arts on campus through music, theatre, or visual arts
- Law ($1,000)
- Must be enrolled in the Faculty of Law
- Graduating Student ($500)
- Must be graduating before the commencement of the Fall 2019 semester
- Jason Solomon Rise Above ($500)
- A student of a marginalized background that has excelled in academics.