The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario has recommended the suspension of non-essential and elective dental services until the first week of April due to COVID-19 precautions, after which the recommendation will be re-evaluated. Contact your local Dental office if you require emergency service.
We’ve Got You Covered
The UWSA, on behalf of its members, negotiates a health and dental plan for those students who are not already covered. This service is provided for students in order to reduce the costs of a benefit plan for students that are not already covered. The policy coverage ceases August 31st, of each year. Students have the opportunity to opt-out of the plan if they can show proof of alternate coverage.
*Please note that OHIP Equivalent and ODSP/ Trillium Benefits are not comparable plans and will not be accepted for opt-out.For full plan information or to make a claim, visit www.studentcare.ca/uwsa.
- The UWSA health and dental plan covers all full-time undergraduate students taking 4 or more credits
- Students with coverage through a family member or employer may opt-out with proof of comparable coverage
- The UWSA plan policy year is from September 1st to August 31st
- The UWSA plan coverage includes prescription drugs, vision, dental, travel, practitioners (massage, chiropractor, physiotherapy, psychology/MSW, etc.), accident, and more.
Opt-Out Information:Before you opt out, understand that
Early Fee Reversal –
- You cannot opt back in under any circumstances until the next school year
- You cannot use UHIP or ODSP/Trillium Benefits as proof of comparable coverage
July 15 – August 4 – LINK.
If you choose this option, the fee will be removed from your account before being charged to your tuition (so you never pay in the first place!).
Fall/Regular Opt Out
– August 5 – September 30, 2019 – www.studentcare.ca/uwsa
. If you apply to opt out during this time, students are refunded VIA direct deposit into your bank account or cheque.Winter Opt Out
– January 1 – January 31, 2020 – www.studentcare.ca/uwsa
. If you apply to opt out during this time, Students will be refunded VIA direct deposit or e-transfer into your bank account. Please note that this opt-out is for students starting classes in Winter semester. Please note that if you missed the Fall opt out you are not able to complete this opt out. Information needed to opt out
- Full Name
- Student ID number
- Name of Insurance Company currently covered under / First Nations Name
- Name of Employer the plan is provided by / First Nations Name
- Group or Insurance policy number / Status Registry Number
- Direct Deposit information (traditional opt-out only) / Status Registry Number
- Proof of insurance card or letter from the insurance company.
Students may opt-in their spouse and/or dependent children so they have coverage on the UWSA health and/or dental plan for an additional fee. Opt-In requests must be done during the designated opt-in period on the Student Care
website or the UWSA office.
Eligible dependents include Spouse (common law or by marriage), and children (under 21 or under 25 if enrolled full time at an accredited school). Information Needed to Opt-in
- Credit Card Information (if done online)
- Number of Dependents
- Dependent’s Full Name
- Dependent’s Birthday