Referendum Question 2 – YOU SAID YES!
Do you support
An increase to the full-time undergraduate University of Windsor Student Medical Response Service (UWSMRS; formerly known as University of Windsor Emergency Response Team (UWERT)) fee from $1.06 per student per semester to $3.78 per student per semester?
Vote STARTING MARCH 18TH TO 19TH
Overview This referendum is being referred by the University of Windsor Student Medical Response Service (UWSMRS)
Who is UWSMRS (formerly UWERT) and What Do We Do?
- University of Windsor Student Medical Response Service (UWSMRS) formerly University of Windsor Emergency Response Team (UWERT).
- We are a 24/7 service of Emergency First Responders who respond to emergencies on campus
- We provide free emergency medical care to any individual on campus
Why are we having a referendum?
- We have not increased our funding in 9 years, despite the increasing cost of resources (e.g. medical supplies, training, etc.)
- An increase in calls means we’re using more and more resources and our current income cannot keep up with our expenses. So, we are experiencing considerable financial strain which prevents us from growing alongside our growing university.
Why should I care? What are the benefits? What will the money go towards?
- Medical supplies, mental health and other training, emergency response vehicle maintenance and repairs, uniforms, and more – all of which are currently compromised in some way due to an insufficient budget.
- A breakdown of costs can be found on our social media IG:
- Facebook: University of Windsor Student Medical Response Service- UWSMRS
- The money will help us to grow with our growing university so we can continue to provide fast response times and a high standard of care.