As a Tenant You Need to Know Your Rights!
Did you know that if you are sharing accommodations with more than 3 persons you have the right to ask your landlord the following questions:
- Is this property licensed by the City of Windsor?
- Does this property meet all fire and building code safety standards?
- Are there bedrooms in the basement or in the attic spaces?
- If so, do they meet the requirements of the Ontario Fire or Building Codes? Does this property have the acceptable number of exits?
- Does this property have the correct number of smoke alarms? Fire extinguishers? Fire Alarms? Emergency Lights?
On Campus Housing
Living on campus is extremely convenient and puts you at the heart of a small community. It is a great way to get you connected to friends and to campus life. For more information on living on campus, visit the University of Windsor’s Residence page.
Off Campus Housing
If you want to live off campus, Places4Students.com
is an off-campus housing service solution that can help you find your next home.