2nd Notice of UWSA Annual General Meeting
Want to get involved and learn more about your student representation at the University?
Then the UWSA Annual General Meeting is the place for you! Come out Tuesday, January 29th 2019 at 4:00 PM in the CAW Alumni Auditorium (2nd Floor CAW) to get information from your Student Union (know where your money is going!), free food, a chance to win a $150 Bookstore Gift Card or $300 in club funding, and decide on the future direction of the UWSA. See you there!
2nd NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENTS’ ALLIANCE (“UWSA”)
2nd Notice is hereby given in accordance with the By-laws of the UWSA and the Corporations Act (Ontario) of a general meeting of the Members of the UWSA to be held at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, January 29th 2019 in the CAW Alumni Auditorium. Members that are unable to attend are able to send proxies (representatives) in their place in accordance with By Law 40.12.
The 2019 Agenda and Proxy Form are now avaialable.
By-Law 40.12 PROXIES
- Members may vote by proxy on matters at the AGM or Special General Meeting;
- A Member shall be permitted to hold only one (1) proxy vote;
- Voting actions must be taken in the interests of the UWSA and its Members and consistent with the UWSA conflict of interest guidelines as set out in By-Law 110;
- A proxy form shall be approved by the Board and sent out with the notice of the meeting;
- The proxy form shall provide means whereby the person whose proxy is solicited is afforded an opportunity to specify that the proxy holder shall vote in accordance with such Member’s choice in each matter or group of related matters identified in the notice of meeting;
- The proxy may confer discretionary authority with respect to matters as to which a choice is not so specified or with respect to amendments or variations to matters identified in the notice of meeting;
- Proxies must be filed with the AGM Secretary no later than forty-eight (48) hours, excluding Saturdays and holidays, preceding any meeting or adjourned meeting for which the proxy has been solicited and shall be filed in such manner as the Board may determine; and
- Proxy ballots will be counted by the meeting scrutineers.
Proxies must be submitted to the UWSA office by 4:00 PM on Friday, January 25th 2019:
- In person at the UWSA office (CAW Student Centre Room 209)
• By email at UWSA@uwindsor.ca
• By fax at 519-971-3654
For more information visit this link.
Should you have any questions, please email the UWSA President at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.